Friday, December 2, 2011

Why wont my LP Refridgerator in my camper stay on? It lights via electronic ignition, then cuts off.?

I Have a Norcold 600 series ref in my camper. It was working then something happened. The ignition control sparks when I turn the ref. to LP mode and a blue flame lights on the burner, but even after the flame on the burner lights, the ignitor still clicks on for about 10 seconds and then the whole thing clicks off. It is obviously not recognizing that the flame has been ignited, what would cause that? Is the ignitor bad? I looked for a bad thermocouple, but I dont even see one in the unit. Any thoughts? thanks.|||the electronic control board is probably bad they are very sensitive to electrical spikes and lightning have you recently jumped any elec systems or had battery problems or even a bad battery(low voltage) or wireing problems or have you changed out batteries with out shutting off main switch?|||Not familiar with that model, but any gas valve with an auto ignitor has to have a way to prove the flame was lit, for safety. I would guess that since you don't see a thermocouple, it's actually probably using a flame sensor, just looks like a long spark plug electrode may even be built into the ignitor tip itsself. If you can locate it, clean it up lightly with fine-very fine steel wool. And try letting it run again, if the problem is fixed, I would still buy a new flame sensor, because it will fail again likely soon. They are very commonly replaced, I would say almost as often as thermocouples used to be. Follow any wires to find it|||The ignitor and flame detector are usually the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment