Friday, December 2, 2011

How do I get my AC unit to restart automatically upon power restoration?

In the old days an air conditioner had a physical switch was set in the on/off position. After a power outage the AC unit would come on automatically. My problem is my new unit will not come back on unless you push the button on the infrared remote. Everything is electronic.





The problem I have is power is cut about 10 times a week and when I leave I need the AC to stay on to keep out mold and everything nice and dry.





How do I leave my home for 6 months and control the AC unit? Perhaps by computer and a modem?





Other than getting an old AC unit or hiring someone to stay and watch my house. I don't want to invest a huge amount to solve this problem.





Thanks|||Any electrician can rig up a relay system to add to your controls to do that.


He'd have to see the controls to do it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment