Friday, December 2, 2011

My 1991 honda civic Idle high and bogs when it takes off?

I have 1991civic with JDM D16Z6 engine and it idles high and when you take off it bogs then it picks up speed. I have checked the the ECU it says throttle angle, intake air temperature, electronic air control. I have replaced the fuel filter the injectors and the Idle control unit. When I take it itt bogs then it start to pick up speed it all most seems to get to much fuel. when i push on the pedel it bogs and when you press harder takes a couple of sec to start to pick up. I almost have to put it to the floor. If you can really help me you can call me 513-557-6276 my name is brian|||sounds like an air intake leak, check all the rubber hoses to be sure they are not cracked or broken and look for any hose that has come loose, replace cracked and broken hoses and re-install any loose hoses. (hoses and vacuum lines)|||it sure sounds like a vacuum leak, if u can check the oxygen sensor and the mass air flow sensor if "its equiped wit one" check all of your air intake hoses!

No comments:

Post a Comment