Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Is my statement of purpose good enough for graduate angineering school?

Hello there!!! First I'd like to thankyou everyone who enter this question of mine. I'm really need some hep here because I'm alittle diffidence about my statement of puspose. I'm attending to graduate school, Electrical engineering field in the US. I've already did all the requirment test but only statement of purpose that's still my problem. I don't know is this statement of purpose is good enough or not. So I'm here to ask what do you think about it?. Any thing I missing or improper?.





Again, Thankyou very much:)





Statement of purpose


663 Words.








Electrical technology is shaping our future for centuries to come. While petroleum engines are wasteful and harmful to the environment, electrical engines tend to be cleaner and more utilitarian both in producing and consuming energy. My desire is to study in the graduate program of electrical engineering at XXXX with electrical drive and power electronics as my major.





In Thailand I completed my bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics Engineering at King Mongkut’s institute of technology Ladkrabang and I’m looking forward to the new challenges of graduate school in the United States of America with keen anticipation. I see graduate school in Electrical Engineering as a new level of growth where I can reach an advanced degree of professional ability that I can leverage to refine my career and personal development. My favorite undergraduate studies have included microprocessor applications, power electronic, electrical engineering, control system design, numerical computation, and automatic control.





I enjoy adaptive ideas and work from one electrical device to generate another new electrical invention . Thus I’ve done many experimental, competitions and teaching during my undergraduate. One of my experimental projects was awarded IEEE Thailand’s 2011(The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Thailand) as Best Thai Control and Instrumental Engineering Project . The project was titled “Ball and Plate Control”, and it was designed using feedback control and digital image processing to control the ball’s movement and position it by tilting the plate with electrical motors. This project was based from my experiment titled “high speed line-tracker robot using PID control”. I collaborated on the project with a college from my engineering class, who was also involved in the competition.





In 2010 I joined and won robot competition in Japan. I was awarded winner for Smallest Wireless Robot at the competition in Nagoya, Japan. My concept used microcontrollers as processor units and communicated through infrared transceivers.





Last year, I had an opportunity to be a part of an internship with Thai Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd in the department of Management Innovation (MI) in their visual display factory. At Samsung, I developed a new transportation control in the factory using an auto guided vehicle (AGV) to support their production line. I developed the prototype of the AGV called “Iron Man”. Iron Man’s design was based on my former projects related to high-speed line-tracker robots and the wireless robot controls using infrared transceiver. I found that it was possible to communicate via infrared with the AGVs to report their status and receive commands via a server. The high speed PID made the AGVs travel fast and highly accurately. The prototype was evaluated as highly impressive by Samsung’s designers.





Research and experimental projects move me forward, but I also enjoyed teaching while studying. I joined robot and computer club to teach the C language to undergrads. I also taught the use of microcontrollers, circuit design, and circuit analysis. I also had an opportunity to teach a group of high school students, off campus, at the end of each semester. I did this because I believe the younger generations of Thai students lack key concepts and outlets for discovering technology and I want to participate in driving my country forward to higher levels of technological advancements and production.





Although winning these prizes has made me proud and given me more professional creditability in the field, it was the knowledge and experience that I gained by participating in the competitions that is precious to me. It is these same experiences that I wish to gain from participating in graduate school at XXXX .


I fervently believe that I am an excellent candidate for your program because I am an extremely dedicated engineer who never ceases to explore cutting-edge technologies and generate new ideas. I have very strong analytical and problem-solving skills. I want to study more synchronous motor systems and power electronics. I especially look forward to working with and sharing with the professors and other graduates in your highly esteemed program. Thank you for your consideration of my application.|||It's excellent, actually, I'm blown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment