Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Huge audio system discussion.?

I've been sleeping on an idea for some time now. I'm not really looking for an answer for as of now the idea is only a concept and i know that this project will cost well over 40 grand. I鈥檓 into factory looks and OEM system. As most of you know Infiniti's audio systems aren鈥檛 the to the average listener many might disagree but as an audiophile like myself many would agree their systems don鈥檛 have great sound.





I plan to fully customizing an 07 M45. I want to keep the original head unit because most of the electronic features are run through it. Also the steering wheel controls and everything about the system looks great why tamper with it? I plan to rip out every last speaker in the car and most of the upholstery for the custom interior work. At the end of this customization there will be a minimum of 30 speakers. This includes tweeters-subs. just about every surface in the car will have a speaker hidden away or fabricated into it. I have been looking at Hertz speakers that will be powered by focal amps. All wiring will be high grade Monster cables.





Here comes the discussion part:


What would be the best way to power this system? I will have 6 subs for sure. Each one powered by its own mono-D amp. Each amp is under 1000 watts. The amps won鈥檛 be that powerful and I don鈥檛 want to run them full power for safety purposes. I do not feel like replacing anything. Still warranty is a must for all of these products are going to cost well over $500.





There will be 6 mono-D amps. As of now my idea is to have at least 2-4 4channel amps to power the component systems in the housing. A total of at least 8 amps.





What do you guys think would be the most logical way to power this system? I'm considering Kinetik batteries and upgrading the alternator, though this would be the hardest part to do on this car. Powering this system will be the most difficult part on this project.|||yes u must upgrade the electrical system. alternators, batteries. u may want to cut dwn on the on the 30 speakers. some of the best systems out there use 15 to 20 at best|||You're on the right track. But I think the 40 grand is a bit much, it should be less than half that unless you're the kind that buys $100 jeans.





A minimum of 30 speakers is also a bit much for such a small space. There isn't 30 speakers in a theater. This is one of those situations where less is more, not the other way around.





Anywhoo, at leats three group 31 deep cycle batteries and upgrading to the largest alternator you can find is the way to go if at all possible.|||Kudos Sparky. I don't believe you've actually suggested "additional batteries" for this project....lmao.


I agree totally. That would provide plenty of current for this type of system so long as you get the largest alternator available for that engine and upgrade the other two parts of the Big 3, alternator and chassis wiring. (I surprised you didn't mention that Sparky, lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment