Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What appliances should use a voltage regulator?

What appliances typically are susceptible to voltage spikes and drops ? I know stereo equipment and TVs should be protected. I just bought 'OPTI-UPS SS1200 Stabilizer' to protect the control board in my pellet stove, since I just replaced it due to an ice storm.


I want to make sure I reasonably protect other items.





Refrigerator ?


desktop of course, but laptop ? don't these have voltage regulators built in ?


any other normal applicant/electronic that I am not listing ? for the $20 cost of this unit, I would not mind protecting items worth hundreds of dollars.|||Electronic equipment, especially audio, video, and konfuzers,


should be protected from out-of-tolerance voltages.


Most other things will survive temporary high or


low voltage conditions without harm.





Refrigerators and freezers can be damaged by low voltage


("brownouts") because they require a short burst


of high current to get the compressor started, and it


is not available under conditions of low line voltage.

No comments:

Post a Comment