Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What remote combat options does the Army have? Aerial based MOS?

I am in the process of enlisting with the Army. I have taken the ASVAB(got a 128 on my GT score) and am in the process of working on paperwork now.





Now I have to decide an MOS that I want(that's available/becomes available). I would like to do something like pilot a predator drone or some other type of UAV or control systems associated with them. Does the army have jobs like that?





I think I would also enjoy an MOS that would required me to operate from within an aircraft. I would like to have an MOS where I would be required to fly all over the world on misc missions at a moments notice.





One final one, does the army have electronic warfare like the marines where I would work in conjunction with an infantry unit and use technology to assist them. I have thought about doing infantry or special forces but I think I would enjoy one of these more.





Are there any MOSes like this in the Army?|||To be an army UAV operator just join the army enlisted and pick 15W: have i think a 105 or 110 gt on asvab...pass a class III flight physical (which is less stringent than manned), and be able to obtain a secret clearance.





The Army 15W UAV operators operate the shadow (375 lb aircraft) the smallest, the Hunter (oldest in current fleet), the Warrior and ERMP (these two aircraft are very similar and in size to the airforce's Predator and made by same company)......All of these are operated by Enlisted soldiers and camera operated by 15W also





The Army's Raven and the MAV are very small UAVs but are not flown by 15Ws.....they are the little recon aircraft that usually fly around 1000' in the air and are operated by Combat arms guys primarily forward observers and infantry.....Its a 2-3 week course





Im a 15W and the course is minimum 6 months long at Fort Huachuca thats for the shadow....the larger UAVs require more time and have less slots available

No comments:

Post a Comment