Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why my 1998 windstar van instrument's "service engine soon" light always on and how to turn it off?

I made a wrong measurement that I measuring door lock source line right before the motor unit. I measured its voltage,connecting one line to positive the other line to negtive, than heard a currents shortcut noise.then I immidiately stop connecting. then I start engine check it to see is there anything wrong.Since that time the "service enging soon" is always on when turn on that enging..Till now it has 6 months. nothing happen execpt that light.





Once a time I drove to auto company to check it. He use an nstrument probably is ''OBD II " to scan it . he said maybe it is caused by oil tank's vapor or gas tank cap was't locked properly. We checked cap it was locked properly.But I am very sure it cause by my wrong measurement.


Is the generic electronic module same part as powertrain control module? If they are two different parts.Where are their locations...|||disconnect your battery cable for 30 minutes and hook it up. this should reset your light. If it comes back on after you drive it, You have a problem that needs checking out. More than likely you set off a code when you shorted out what ever you were working on. If that is all that happened, the light will stay off unless you toasted something.|||pull the codes, fix the problems reset the light(in that order) and the problem should go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment