Friday, December 2, 2011

Do you have any schematics available?

I'm completing my project on a 8 channels-output DC power source. As it has a RCU (Remote Control Unit) I don't wan to use any Mechanical selector to switch over different Voltages. So I need an electronic selector which can switch over the 8 channels of the transformer by the output signals of my remote.


My remote has got only two channels (Up and Down) and that's why I need this Selector to switch over the out coming Voltages.


I searched online but I couldn't find one for a power source. What I could find Online was Only about AMPs.


So do you have any schematics available?


I would highly appreciate it.|||you need to define the problem better. Is this a DC power supply, and you want to switch voltages remotely? That is what you seemed to say, then you talked about a transformer, which is AC.





Do you want a DC supply with 8 different DC voltages output? Assuming this is what you want:





There are many ways to do this. One is with a cheap 8 bit D-A, which will give you 256 different voltages. That can drive a power amp to generate the current you need (which you don't list). But that takes a lot of bits to program.





Another is to use 8 different resistor voltage dividers from a reference, or 8 trimpots form the reference, and then switches (solid state or relays) to switch those 8 references to a power amp to generate the output power. You can use some kind of up-down counter to move between the 8 possibilities via up-down signals.








before you move to the schematic level, you need to define what you want to do and how to do it. Then you break it up into pieces and design each piece.








.

No comments:

Post a Comment